Saturday, February 13, 2016

1) The very popular tagline for this movie is, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Here's your chance to rewrite it. "Love means _____________________."

Love means saying sorry even when you think you did nothing wrong.

2) The movie was famous for a montage of the lovers frolicking in the snow. Do you enjoy sledding, skating, skiing, snowball fights, snowmen, etc.? Or do you just want spring to hurry up and get here?

I love winterfun. The snow-things.
But snow is rather rare here.
Most of the winter is grey and I don't like those depressive days that you have to close the curtains at 15.00 hours already.
Give me flowers, give me spring. Give me sun!

3) In the movie, Oliver asks his father for $5,000. The money is required for wife Jenny's hospital treatment, but Oliver is too proud to tell his father why he needs it. Adjusted for inflation, $5,000 in 1970 is $30,000 today. How much would you be willing to lend a friend or family member without knowing the reason?

I don't have 30.000, but in the past I've given all my savings to family members to enable them to buy their house before the bank agreed with the loan and the house would be gone. Most of the family helped and we all got our money back when the bank gave the loan.

4) In the movie, Jenny is the daughter of a baker who owns a little shop in Cranston, Rhode Island. Think of the last baked goods you consumed. Were they home made? Did you buy them from a bakery, the grocery store, or a coffee shop, like Starbucks?

The last breadrolls I got from a friend. From the bakery, I assume.

5) In 1970, when the movie was first released, California's First Lady Nancy Reagan said she liked it but was upset to hear Ali MacGraw's character swear. What's the curse word you use most often? (Feel free to spell it with *'s, in case Nancy Reagan stops by Sat. 9)

I don't curse, just use meaningless words.

6) Now 75, Ali MacGraw has let her famous hair go gray. She says she's glad to "look like a grown up." Do you feel your age? Or older or younger than your years?

I think I'm the same age as I am.

7) MacGraw and her Love Story co-star Ryan O'Neal are currently on tour in the play, Love Letters, and they're drawing big crowds of fans who remember them in their famous film. Tell us of another movie couple you felt had romantic chemistry.

Don't know...

8) Red is the signature color of Valentine's Day. Are you wearing red right now?

Yes, a red sjawl.

9) Because Valentine's Day is such a big day for chocolate ... would you prefer a large, solid milk chocolate heart or a small box of four assorted chocolates?

When it means not everybody pays attention and I can eat it without sharing: the small box.
OK, I'll share with you....want one?




Want to take part in this meme too?
Or do you like to read more entrees?
Click the logo, made by Laane.





Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment